Latest News - 31/03/2017
FIT2WORK provides Springboard To Success
Last week saw the completion of another excellent community based programme at Galabank as Annan Athletic joined forces with the charity Springboard to deliver their FIT2WORK programme.
Springboard is a UK based charity who work and specialise in the hospitality, leisure and tourism industry where most of their work centres around hotels and bars but this is their first venture into sport.
The opportunity to deliver the project came through the clubs business, development manager Allison Ball who in turn facilitated and ran the course in conjunction with First team manager Jim Chapman and Springboard itself.
Click here to see the fantastic benefits that were delivered during the project.
Following on from the course two of the candidates have found employment and one another now has an agreed workplace trial. It’s hoped that it won’t be long before the remaining participants find gainful employment.
The course was ran for ten weeks and was aimed at people who were unemployed between the ages of 18-26. All participants attended four times a week and was hailed as an overwhelming success.
The Springboard Fit2Work programme delivered the following sporting certificated qualifications as well as giving the participants genuine life skills:
- World Host
- Scottish Certificate for the Safe Service of Alcohol
- Sports Leaders UK: Level 1
- SFA Level 1 ‘E’: Early Touches
- Sports Coach UK: Safeguarding and Protecting Children
- Sports Injury Course – Level 1
The programme also delivered fun and challenging employability workshops in an industry setting, including;
- Team building & communication
- Confidence & assertiveness
- Time Management
- Making presentations
- CV building and Interview skills
- Social media skills
- Eating Out
- Health and Safety
- Grounds Maintenance
- Healthy Living Plus specialist industry insight experiences
- A range of industry visits that offer the experience of being the customer
- A unique opportunity to meet and talk to staff already working in the industry
- Taking a look behind the scenes in: sports venues, hotels, restaurants and attractions etc
- The chance of work experience to experience and assist at some home matches plus assist with various Annan Athletic Community Programmes