Final Result
4 0
3rd December 2016
Formartine United FC v Annan Athletic FC
North Lodge Park
Scottish Cup

Match Details

Formartine United FC v Annan Athletic FC


Annan Athletic - 0
Formartine United FC - 4


Blair Currie
Steven Swinglehurst
Stephen Bronsky
Jean Guy Lucas
Barry Cuddihy
Max Wright
Rabin Omar
David McKenna
Ryan Sinnamon (Adam Asghar, )
Raffi Krissian (Aaron Bradbury, )
Darren Ramsay (Przemyslaw Dachnowicz, )

Unused Subs

Ellis Pearson
Alex Mitchell
Callum Home
Tony Ribeiro



Match Report

Annan have savoured some memorable Scottish cup results but this was a cup game that Annan will want to put behind them very quickly after they capitulated in a 15 minute second half spell which saw Formartine score four goals to shatter any hopes that Annan had of progressing.

Annan boss Jim Chapman was forced to make one change from the team which defeated Elgin City with Raffi Krissian deputising for Christian Nade.

The first half was evenly contested with both defences containing any threat with scoring opportunities at a premium. Formartine were well organised and up front they carried a definite threat through Conor Gethins and it was Gethins who ultimately done the damage scoring a second half hat trick to ensure Formatine progressed to the fourth Round where they now face Partick Thistle.

Darren Ramsay’s header in the 12th minute from McKenna’s cross went close, Swinglehurst conceded a free kick in the 18th minute and Scott Barbour whipped in an inviting ball which went narrowly past the post. As the game edged towards half time Graeme Rodger came closest to breaking the deadlock when following a corner his low 18 yard effort went narrowly past the post.

Annan started the second half well taking the game to Formartine but then they conceded a goal in the 56th minute when Jamie Masson sent in a high ball from the right to the back post and Gethins headed the ball over the line with Currie in the Annan goal disputing the ball had not totally gone over the line. It was just the tonic that the home team needed and 3 minutes later Annan’s task increased when Barry Cuddihy conceded a free kick 24 yards out and Connor Gethins free kick took a wicked deflection off the back of Raffi Krissian to wrong foot Blair Currie.

Annan were clearly rattled and they were fortunate when Ramsay lost the ball in a dangerous location and Scott Barbour low shot went narrowly past the post. Formartine were enjoying a great spell in the game with Annan struggling to put anything of note together and when Scott Barbour put the home team 3 goals up in the 71st minute Annan’s Scottish Cup dreams were over. Connor Gethins then completed a satisfying afternoon when he slammed in number 4 in the 73rd minute to earn his side a promising cup tie against Partick Thistle.

It was a dismal performance from Annan and it is to be hoped that they quickly put this behind them as they endeavour to consolidate their position in the League.

ANNAN ATHLETIC : Blair Currie, Jean Guy Lucas, Stephen Bronsky, Steven Swinglehurst, Ryan Sinnamon (Adam Ashgar), Raffi Krissian ( Aaron Bradbury 65 min), Barry Cuddihy, Rabin Omar, Max Wright, David McKenna, Darren Ramsay ( Przemyslaw Dachnowicz). Substitutes not used Alex Mitchell, Tony Ribeiro, Stephen Bronsky, Callum Home.

Formartine united :Ewen Macdonald, Jamie Michie, Callum Dingwall, Stuart Smith, Shane Jamieson, Derek Young ( Liam Burnett 81 min), Graeme Rodger ( Gary Wood 87 min), Jamie Masson, Connor Gethins ( Neil Gauld 73 min), Stuart Anderson, Scott Barbour. Substitutes not used Andrew Reid GK, Max Berton, Keiran Lawrence, Jonathan Crawford.

REFEREE: Colin Steven, Assistants Gordon Crawford and Alan Proctor.

Attendance 290

Back to Fixtures & Results
This site uses cookies.
ConfigureHide Options
Read our privacy policy

This site uses cookies for marketing, personalisation, and analysis purposes. You can opt out of this at any time or view our full privacy policy for more information.