Final Result
1 1
15th December 2015
Montrose v Annan
Links Park
Ladbrokes League Two

Match Details

Montrose v Annan


Annan Athletic - 1
Montrose FC - 1


Jordan Hart
Peter Watson
Steven Black
Steven Swinglehurst
Martin McNiff
Steven Sloan
Matthew Flynn
Rabin Omar
Peter Weatherson
Stuart McColm (Liam Park, 72)
Ryan Finnie (Smart Osadolor, 81)

Unused Subs

Blair Currie
David Ferguson
Ryan McStay
Jamie Watson



Match Report

Annan stretched their unbeaten run to six matches with a creditable draw at Links Park on Tuesday evening. It was played in wet and windy conditions which had a part to play in the evenings proceedings. The Annan team showed only one change from that which defeated East Stirlingshire with the injured Gillfillan being replaced in the centre of defence by captain Steven Black.

Annan were playing with the advantage of the wind in the first half and forced Montrose onto the back foot for most of the half. Annan forced several corners in the opening ten minutes but they never looked like breaking the deadlock in that period. Jordan Hart touched the ball for the first time in the 15th minute but a minute later the Annan keeper saved the day when the ball fell perfectly for Gary Fisher on the penalty spot but the Annan keeper rescued the situation saving Fisher’s low shot from a very promising position. It was a missed opportunity for Montrose in a half where they struggled to create any real scoring opportunities.

Annan went ahead in the 27th minute, the goal followed a throw in down the left, Weatherson back headed the ball across the face of the goal and the ball was only half cleared to Ryan Finnie who blasted in a terrific low shot from 25 yards past the diving goal-keepers left hand side.

Playing with the wind in their favour it was a much rejuvinated Montrose team who started to take the game to Annan in the second half and within 6 minutes the home team grabbed an eqauliser. The goal was created by Graham Webster who turned aside the challenge of Matty Flynn on the edge of the box to finish with a superb low shot into the corner of the net which beat Hart all ends up.

Montrose all of a sudden were a different team and Mallagaray went close with a shot from the edge of the box which flashed past Hart’s right hand post. Shortly after that Flynn had a poor effort which sailed over the bar. Graham Webster tried his luck with a snap shot which flashed past the post in the 60th minute.

Annan were presented with a good scoring opportunity in the 70th minute when Ryan Finnie was upended 20 yards out but Weatherson’s free kick failed to hit the target and the rare scoring opportunity for Annan was lost.

Ryan Kenneth sent in an inviting ball from the right which went across the face of the goal. As the game entered the final 5 minutes Hart had to be on his toes after a long ball went over the head of Black. As the game entered the final minute Annan’s Peter Weatherson picked up what looked like a worrying foot injury which Annan will hope is not too serious.

In the end both teams had to be content with a share of the points with neither team creating enough scoring opportunities to win the game. For Annan taking everything into consideration the point won in a mid week fixture up at Links Park keeps their momentum going at the top of the league. Montrose for their part will look on the point gained in a hard earned draw which keeps them out of the lower depths of the league.

MONTROSE : Jordan Miller, Aaron Comrie, Ryan Kenneth, Adam Harwood, Greg Pascaszio, Matthew Allen, Graham Webster, Ross Campbell, Gary Fraser, Gavin Malin, Adrian Mallagaray. Subs Not Used- Ryan Ferguson, Jordan Reoch, Kyle McLeod, Declan Milne, Dale Reid, Lloyd Hester, Sandy Wood.

Montrose Goals – Webster (51)

ANNAN ATHLETIC: Jordan Hart, Steven Black, Steven Swinglehurst, Martin McNiff, Peter Watson, Steven Sloan, Ryan Finnie ( Smart Osadolor 81 min ), Mathew Flynn, Peter Weatherson, Rabin Omar, Stuart McColm (Liam Park 72 min). SUBS NOT USED: Blair Currie, Ryan McStay, Jamie Watson, David Ferguson.

Annan Goals- Finnie (27)

Referee- Stephan Kirkland, Assistants- Anthony Cooper and George Robertsone

Crowd 262

Back to Fixtures & Results
This site uses cookies.
ConfigureHide Options
Read our privacy policy

This site uses cookies for marketing, personalisation, and analysis purposes. You can opt out of this at any time or view our full privacy policy for more information.