Annan Athletic Football Club is responsible for setting standards and values to apply throughout the club at every level. Football belongs to and should be enjoyed by everyone, equally. Our commitment is to confront and eliminate discrimination or any other conduct that could be deemed as unacceptable whether by reason of sex, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or disability.
Equality of opportunity at Annan Athletic Football Club means that in all our activities we will not discriminate or in any way treat anyone less favourably, on grounds of sex, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or disability.
- The advertisement for volunteers.
- The selection of candidates for volunteers.
- External coaching and education activities and awards.
- Football development activities.
- Selection for teams.
- Appointments to honorary positions.
- Annan Athletic Football Club will not tolerate racist, sectarian, sexual or bigoted harassment or other discriminatory behaviour, whether physical or verbal, and will work to ensure that such behaviour is met with appropriate action in whatever context it occurs.
- Annan Athletic Football Club is committed to the development of the programme of ongoing training and awareness raising events and activities, in order to promote the eradication of discrimination within its own organisation, and within football as a whole.
- Annan Athletic Football Club gives a commitment to ensure that the club is open to all and the team selection policy will be the footballing ability and character of the individual and the collective balance of the team.
- Each player and employee contract will include the clause: ‘Annan Athletic Football Club is opposed to racism, sectarianism, bigotry and discrimination in any form. I the undersigned share these principles and give commitment to uphold and promote these standards’.
Document updated November 2022